Leveling your character fast during the first month after Diablo 3 release will give you unique opportunities not available once most players have hit the level cap. World of Warcraft expansions were a great example of that, where prices skyrocketed and the profitable strategies were not yet known to most of the players (I do speak from personal experience). So the question is how do we maximize our play time to get the most benefit?
- Pick a character and stick with it- let’s be honest, you’re going to play them all anyway at some point. Pick the one that you will have the most fun with, don’t worry too much about picking the most “overpowered” character. Previous experience from WoW taught us that there will always be some “character du jour” that seem to be the best, but Blizzard will tweak and balance until characters are fairly even. In fact picking the most obviously powerful class may backfire, as it may be the first to be nerfed. Starting over with a new character will set you back.
- Finish the preparation checklist early (like now…)- Blizzard released their preparation guide checklist for the release date mayhem. It goes over everything you need to know to be ready to hit the ground running when servers go live. Servers will be hit hard when everyone start logging on to play, do what you can now to ease that experience.
- Playing with a group get you there faster- When a new players joins in the monsters hit point go up 75%, while the damage of the group theoretically doubles (this doesn’t even take in the account that many abilities benefit the group). So a group of four will about 20% more efficient at progressing through the game than a solo player. You shouldn’t sacrifice the quality of the game to progress faster, but if you enjoy playing with others there is a benefit to the speed of leveling.
- +EX gear- I’m very curious as to how well this will sell in the final game, beta did not have much of a demand for +XP items obviously. Stacking this kind of gear and jumping into a four player group could be a great (if somewhat abusive) tactic to get ahead.
- Doping- What’s your drug of choice? Coke, Coffee, Red Bull? Stacking up on a bit your favorite pick-me-up should be a good idea. I personally try to avoid the sugary chemicals and following the advice of Tim Ferriss, am sticking with my Yerba Mate Tea as my drug of choice.
<– I found a picture of you on the internet…
- Ignore the barrels (optional)- I was surprised to find how many people are planning to break every barrel, bookcase, turn over every corpse and other such destructive and delinquent tasks. Not sure how profitable this will turn out, but I feel this might be a low output activity. It is true that some legendary item may drop from that barrel you just broke, but if this task feel like a chore, I think you can safely ignore it. On a random sidenote: If you want to gather some statistics about what the drop rates are from objects make a post on Blizzard forums that you keep getting rare drops from barrels, then take notes as thousands of players proceed to spend countless hours testing your theory
- Evolve- This is a brand new game, with some elements that we haven’t seen before, the long term strategy is not yet set in stone. Those with the ability to think and forge their own strategies will dominate. Inferno is going to be very difficult (I started saying “hard as hell” but no…), evolving and adapting better and faster than the average player will allow you to progress and be effective in the end game.
Just wanna give credit to the Diablo 3 Secrets Mastermind group for coming up with a lot of the strategies and tactics that we used to dominate the beta, I can’t wait until the game is released and all that brainpower is used for the full game. Thanks Guys!
If you have ideas and strategies to get rich in Diablo 3 I suggest you join up! You can brainstorm with other very intelligent people to collude and strategize gold and money making schemes in D3 (or just capitalize on what other people have came up with, it’s all good ).
Currently it’s only $24 (this will go up to $47 shortly after D3 is released), with 60 day full refund guarantee.
Free Private Forum Access - Develop strategies with like minded Diablo 3 entrepreneurs. Hundreds of active members. Strategies from this forum that were used in the Beta were responsible for some overhauls of the game’s mechanics (awesome story for another day…)
Auction House Viewer – A software being developed only for the members, a real-time database for tracking prices and trends in Diablo 3 auction house (the data will be available through the website, no need to install anything, so Blizzard won’t be mad at you)
Diablo 3 Gold Guide – The guide itself, with the latest strategies, video and podcast instruction. Currently has all the strategies that have worked in the Beta, but will be updated on a daily basis once D3 is released.
Like I said, I have purchased this and am an active member. I can recommend it to anyone looking to capitalize on D3, if you end up purchasing, say “hi” to me (Malachii) in the forums!
Have you seen this yet? Official Diablo Animation. Absolutely Epic.